Monday, May 5, 2014

Remembering Audrey

Audrey Hepburn has been one of my favorite actresses for a very long time. I didn't see Breakfast at Tiffany's until my junior year of high school, and ever since I've been an avid fan. I know there are far more devoted Audrey fans out there, but her biography is on my summer reading list. And I love, love, love every quote I come across by her. She was an amazing, philanthropic woman who's life deserves to be celebrated.

Her 85th birthday would have been yesterday had she not been taken from us too soon, and I firmly believe that us ladies can take away a lot from her. Audrey was a lady who was always, always, always willing to give. I don't know about all of you, but I feel like it something not many people are capable of or want to do anymore. Giving back isn't as much of a priority as it used to be. Sad, isn't it?

Get inspired with these quotes from Audrey herself!


Granted, this next line isn't by Audrey herself, it's actually said by George Peppard as Paul Varjak in Breakfast at Tiffany's-- but it holds a lot of truth.


"Ok, life's a fact. People do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness."

I just had to include it because aside from Audrey singing Moon River, that's probably my favorite scene in the whole film.

The Real Audrey



"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow."


"If I'm honest, I have to tell you that I still read fairy tales, and I like them best of all!"


"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."


"Elegance is the only beauty that never fades."


"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."


"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands: one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."


"Let's face it. A good, creamy, chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people."


"The most important thing is to enjoy your life-- to be happy-- it's all that matters."

I'm telling you, she was wise beyond her years. And consistently right.

ps. Have you read this article yet? Love it!

Happy Monday!

xoxo

No comments: