Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sundays in Bed

Hello everybody and Happy Mother's Day to all the fantastic moms out there! I'm in an especially good mood today following my run this morning and the gorgeous weather we're having this weekend. It was supposed to rain for five days straight after Friday, so thank goodness that whoever is in charge of the weather had a change of heart!

So maybe I'm just unbelievably excited that I don't have classes again until August, or just excited that this summer is going to be one of the best yet! I move into my first apartment in three weeks, I'm living with two of my best friends, and all three of my jobs rock. Life's pretty good!

I hope that whether or not you just wrapped up exams, or are wrapping up in the next few weeks you take a minute each day to be grateful. There's so much to be happy about. Today? I'm grateful for my mama.

This Week's Sunday Best


1. A fabulous giveaway from Emily Finta and some other fabulous fellow HCBN bloggers!

2. I've been going pin crazy when it comes to my future home.

3. 35 things that ever girl needs to realize about her body image.

4. I love cover ups, and knowing me I'd splurge on one that I would only wear like three times. I've been forcing myself to only buy one when I finally get to Target (love this one!), but DIY cover-ups? I may have to give one of these ideas a try.

5. College Prepster's got it right, per usual. With my upcoming trips to Mexico and Florida (Disney!), I've been thinking travel bags. I find the older I get, the more I travel, and it might be time to invest in some cuter traveling bags instead my parent's old, worn suitcases. Although my aunt does let me borrow her cute suitcase so long as she doesn't need it!

6. Did you miss Friday's yummy food post? Check it out here!

7. Everything about Sarah Vicker's (a.k.a. the blogger behind Classy Girls Wear Pearls) derby outfit was perfection!

8. My goal for this summer is to keep up more with my Instagram! Follow me and my friends' crazy antics along here.

9. Two new sites I recently came about that I'm officially obsessed with. Joss & Main (don't judge me, apparently I live under a rock...) has me daydreaming about how to decorate my house later on in life. I even found myself looking at things for my apartment for like an hour the other day, but then I remembered I'd rather spend my money on clothes. Are you thinking about starting a blog? Check out this site. It has amazing tips and it's quickly become a go-to of my own!

10. I saved the best for last. Many of you have probably already seen this, but in honor of Mother's Day I thought I'd share it again. It's just so true and so amazing. Being a mom is the hardest job in the world!



Happy Mother's Day!


Me & my mom. She's simply the best!

1/2/3

xoxo

1 comment:

Miche Renee said...

I followed you on instagram! It's a good summer goal to have - I'm definitely obsessed with it lol

Miche from Buttons and Birdcages