Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Latest Obsession: Glossybox


I've gotta say, my hairdresser told me about Glossybox and I was kind of super apprehensive about it. $21/month is kind of a hefty price to pay for samples, especially if you're a college kid! On Wednesday though, I received my very first box (because obviously I caved and had to try it...). And I LOVED it! Loved. It.

Because it is so much a month though, I think I'm going to have to order one every other month or so. That whole learning to budget thing/trying to be responsible with my money is super annoying. But, it's a part of growing up right?

Anyway, I thought it'd be kind of fun to do a little review of all the products I received in my box! Mostly because they were all amazing.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream



This stuff is amazing and I am not entirely sure what I ever did without it. I switch back and forth every night between this cream, this gel from Clinique (another favorite!), and this Clean and Clear moisturizer-- depending on what I feel my skin needs the most. The normal size for the cleanser from Vichy costs $31, but I really think it's an investment I'm going to make once I'm done with the sample because it moisturizes your skin perfectly. And if you live in a cold-weather state, you know just how dry your skin can get!


beautyblender.pure



I love this thing. And I know I'm not the only one! A fair number of my friends have one or even two, and they swear by them. It's perfect for applying foundation, BB cream, or whatever base you use (just not powder foundations!) for your makeup. I'm not entirely sure I'd spend the $19.95 on one, but we'll see!

Mineral Blush (Desert Rose)



I usually don't invest in my blush, because well, it's blush... but that all might be about to change. This stuff is amazing! The blush I normally use is from Maybelline and it kind of feels like I'm sticking cake on my face every time I apply it. With this though, I apply it using my mineral brush and it feels so light and perfect. Perfect shade, perfect everything. Like all things though, too much of a good thing isn't always a good thing. A little goes a long way!

Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturizing Spray




I don't know how many of you have hard-to-tame, easily-mangled, curly hair. But I do! I usually let my hair air dry because I think too much blow drying does too much damage to my hair, but when it does air dry, watch out. It's huge. I've tried loads of products to make it dry naturally and in a pretty manner, but none have worked... until this. I want to know their secret because I sprayed this on my damp hair before I went to bed and woke up to not-so-crazy curls. I was pleasantly surprised and will most definitely be purchasing this again.

BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre Eau de Parfum Spray




I was super excited about this one, mostly because I love perfumes. I just bought the Prada Candy perfume and looooveeee it. I wear it (almost) every day. We got a small sample of this perfume from BCBG and wow, now I have two favorites! I was actually torn as to which one I should wear on Friday. It smells so, so good. It's not as "sweet" as the perfume from Prada, which I like because most of my perfumes are all floral-y and girly and what not. This one's a bit more edgy, and definitely a new favorite.

Now shop away ladies! I promise you, none of these products disappoint. I'll keep you posted on what comes in my next box too!
xoxo

No comments: