Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Kiss Dry Skin Good-bye!

I don't know about you, but the dry, cold winter air takes a serious toll on my skin. I'm a moisturizer junkie, and even I fail to beat the dry skin that inevitably comes along with freezing winter temperatures.

I have a bit of an obsession with trying out different face products. My acne hasn't ever been super horrible or anything, but I do have a fair amount of scarring on my chin from picking one too many pimples when I was younger. Gross I know, but going to school with a red bump on my face that I could attempt to cover up with some make-up seemed like a much better option than going to school with a giant white-cap. Anyone else feel the same way??

So, in my years and years of trying to nail down the perfect skin care routine, I've finally come across a few products that I swear by year-round. That being said, these products are also amazing during the winter months. They keep my skin moisturized and my complexion on point; unless I'm exhausted, I rarely feel that my skin looks dried out and/or dull!

Moisturizer's a Girl's Best Friend



I love, love, love this cream from Shisheido. I use it every morning after I wash my face and my skin is feels amazing all day long. It kind of feels a little sticky when you first put it on, but after a few minutes it's fine! I attribute it to the fact that it has SPF in it, which is just another added bonus. Definitely worth the $$!


I love Clinique. This is another product I like to use, but only at night and only if my skin is looking like it needs a little extra moisture. It absorbs quickly but too much on my skin just leaves it looking greasy-- hence why I only use it at night. By the time I wake up in the morning, my skin is back in good shape!


Want to know what's great about this product? You can use it on practically anything. I lather it on my damp hair after I get out of the shower, and if necessary, on my face too. I was super apprehensive about using it on my face at first, but oh my, do I love this stuff.


I recently discovered Lush this summer when I was in London. Figures I didn't know it existed until I was 19 years old. #smallstateproblems I should probably use this stuff more often. When I do use it, it's after I use the ocean salt scrub from Lush (which I only use when I literally feel like a layer of skin needs to be peeled off.) There's no better moisturizer to follow that scrub if you ask me!

Acne Be Gone!



I refuse to ever stop using this stuff. When my skin is breaking out (particularly around that time of the month), this moisturizer is my best friend. The first time I put it on my face freshman year of college, it felt like it had set my face on fire. A little concerning, but it left no burns or marks! I have extremely sensitive skin, so I don't mess around when it comes to clearing up acne. I'll never leave this product.


And as for a spot treatment? The only acne spot treatment to never irritate my face has been this one. The best thing about it is that it actually works! I can't tell you how happy I was to find a spot treatment that actually reduced my pimples, instead of just burn them off. There's nothing fun about having a red rash on your face from an acne treatment that was too intensive, so ladies, if you have sensitive skin, this product is for you!

Don't Forget to Wash & Exfoliate



This is my go-to cleanser in the morning! I love how gentle Aveeno is, and the clear complexion aspect is just a plus. Not only does it wake me up for the day, but it helps get my skin ready for the day!


Another staple of mine, I use this almost every night. I know they say you're not supposed to exfoliate every night... But I do it anyways. This isn't an intensive exfoliating scrub, like the Aveeno cleanser, it's pretty gentle. At the end of the day, it does a great job of getting all that gunk off my face!


I'll admit it. When I first went to buy this scrub it was solely because I was desperately attempting to clear up a bad case of acne (my chin, the problem area of all problem areas...) this past summer. Between walking all around Europe in the dead of July, the sweat and the constantly changing water compositions, my skin was having a hard time. And on top of all that, my anxiety-ridden self was stressed out 99% of the time so that didn't help all that much either. It didn't help with the acne, but I love this stuff nonetheless. I found as the year went on that it's perfect for scrubbing off some dry skin. And not just on your face! Think elbows, knees, and probably anywhere else that needs some extra love.

So now you understand my shopping problem...


It goes way beyond clothes. I love beauty products, skin products, hair products, etc. At least I admit I have a problem. While I know some of these items may be a bit of a splurge, they're well worth the extra money. And if you make good use of them, they last quite a while!

xoxo

No comments: