Thursday, April 3, 2014

Five Things


Want to know how awkward it is to stalk yourself on Facebook? Okay, I know we all do it... but I actually had a purpose this time. Looking for selfies. You'll know why in a bit. Anyways, I've been seeing people in my news feed posting to a page called Gratitude Journal. I'd join it but you have to post three things a day, and most people do it first thing in the morning, but I never go on Facebook in the morning. I tend to try and remind myself what I'm most grateful for each night before I go to bed. 

But anyways, lately I've been feeling kind of grateful for myself. But before you call me conceited, hear me out! 


It takes a lot to be a strong person, and while I have my weaknesses I think I am an inherently strong-willed girl. Mentally I'm in a completely different place than I've ever been, but I still have days where I just get so down on myself. And I find myself consciously reminding myself of how good a person I am-- something I think everybody needs to do. You can't be the best version of yourself at any given time without believing you're the best you you can be... for now, anyways.

So, I thought for today's post I'd write five things I like about myself. You should grab a journal and do it too! Sometimes the only person who can convince you of just how amazing you are is yourself.

#loveyourselfie


1. I'm Loyal.


I'm so fiercely loyal to my friends and my family (and my dog) and my beliefs that sometimes I think it's a bad thing. Actually, it has proven to be a bad thing a few times in the past... especially when someone turns out to be someone completely different than who you thought they were. Thankfully it doesn't happen often, but it takes a lot of patience for someone to be loyal. I mean, all the buttons people you love can push can get to be a lot, but at the end of the day I'd do anything for my friends and family. They're everything to me.


2. I'm Hard-working.


Since I was 15 I've held down a job (or two, or three...). And I've been a full-time student. And now I have an internship on top of all of that. I may be too busy for my own good, but I love it. It keeps me going and keeps me motivated when it comes to making sure I set myself up for success.

3. I'm a Dreamer.


Literally last night when I was going to bed, I told myself to dream of Paris. And guess what! I did. Then I woke up fully believing I was going to move there and learn French after working for a couple years following graduation. Wouldn't that be lovely? La Vie en Rose may or may not be on repeat all day today... But hey, dreams keep me going.

4. I'm a family gal.


Sometimes I think it's weird because one of my favorite people to hang out with is my mom. Sunday nights are my favorite because of our family dinners with our neighbors, and the holidays are the best in my book. And while my family does tend to drive me a little crazy at times (don't they all?!), there's nothing better than a family vacation.






5. I'm Confident. (#myrealselfie)


I think this comes with age, but I'm lucky because despite all my insecurities I've always considered myself to be an overall confident person. A lot of people tell me I'm intimidating which I find funny because 98% of the time I'm doing something completely illogical. But I've found that when you believe in yourself and who you are, good things come your way. Things that are meant for you, people you're meant to stumble upon, memories you're meant to make, and I find something unbelievably surreal in that.


Gotta say, I thought a "sweat pants, hair-tied (except for not in this one), chilling with no make up (and glasses) on" look would be far more intimidating to share with the world. Be proud of who you are, imperfections and all.

xoxo, 
Em

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Love all your 5!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Janeen said...

Really love this! You sound amazing! :) thanks for sharing!

Emily Blauvelt said...

Wow thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Emily Blauvelt said...

Thank you Lauren!