Tuesday, August 12, 2014

DIY Sugar Scrub


So, last Saturday I was really struggling with just that "Ew I feel gross" feeling. I don't know if it was the stress from the week prior that did it, but my skin was a mess and I was in dire need of a relaxing/skin soothing remedy. Obviously, I took to Pinterest and found a sugar scrub that I thought would be simple enough to try on this site.

I. loved. it. 

My skin felt so smooth after washing my face with it, and it smelled good too! Win-win situation, right? Right. I highly recommend this recipe. It honestly felt like I had bought a scrub from Lush. The scrub I bought last summer in London clearly ran out within two months and I haven't made it to a store since.. and yes, believe it or not, that time in London was my only time in the store. #smalltownproblems


Anyways, here's what you'll need:



- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark, doesn't matter... packed)
- about 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- roughly 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp. pure vanilla extract



Combine the white and brown sugar together, and then add in the sea salt.


Mix it all up, it'll look a little something like the above!


Then add your olive oil, followed by the vanilla.


The mixture will be moist and resemble the above. You should be able to pack it together pretty easily!


And then you're done! Use the scrub like you would any regular scrub and then apply moisturizing lotion after rinsing it off! I swear, it'll leave your skin feeling super soft. You'll be in love!

I also thought this would make a good little gift for friends around the holidays or really whenever. It's extremely hydrating so it's perfect for the cooler holidays that lay ahead!

Do you have any favorite scrubs?
post signature

No comments: