Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What to Wear: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is TOMORROW. Where did the year go? I'm in shock. This morning was fantastic because I woke up to e-mails from J. Crew and the Factory surprising me with a sale. I know they have promotions all the time, but whenever I see a 50% in an e-mail, you have my attention. 



Everybody has their Thanksgiving traditions. It's one of my favorite holidays. My family comes up from Massachusetts, there's a ton of great food, and I just love it. A lot of families I know have very different ideas of what Thanksgiving looks like. Some people start the feast at three, others wait until six. Some make it fancy, some keep it casual. That being said, I thought it would be a fun idea to make a post with a few, relatively cheap Thanksgiving outfit options.


A J. Crew (Factory) Holiday

I saw this skirt while browsing the J. Crew Factory website this morning and fell in love. It's not something I would normally wear but I wanted to put together an outfit just to see if I could make it work with my style.The jade color of the sweater works really well and compliments the caramel like color of the skirt without clashing. I love the ruffles on the collar of the shirt, and finished it off with a statement necklace, a cute little clutch (that bow!), and simple flats. Perfect for a Thanksgiving gathering that's a little more formal!



Comfy and Cozy

Jeans are really, really hard for me to justify splurging on. I don't know why, they just are. I'm content with Gap. These jeans I found from Topshop for only $80, they look so flattering.You can never go wrong with a cable knit sweater and this one from Vineyard Vines is simple, yet elegant. The perfect outfit for just hanging out with the family. The scarf is a splurge from Burberry, and I can only hope that one day I'll be the proud owner of one. I thought this red one really complimented the outfit and the boots (only $130!) bring the whole outfit together. Don't forget some cozy socks and you're set for the family tag football game or, if your family is like mine, Christmas cards!





No comments: