Friday, August 1, 2014

Foodie Fridays: 5 Healthy Salad Recipes

This summer hasn't exactly been the healthiest of summers. If I'm being honest, there's been far too much wine (lol kidding there's no such thing...) and too many carbs. I attribute most of it to the fact that the last thing I feel like doing is spending money on expensive healthy food. Chopping up vegetables and lettuce for salad just doesn't appeal to me when you can cook spinach tortellini in four minutes. But chopping up salad will save me from burning my arm yet again (I'm going on five burn marks on my right arm). Plus, I haven't gained the freshman 15 yet and now that I'm a senior I really can't sink to that level. But the real bottom line is, ovens and I just don't get along. I can wholeheartedly say I wish I was kidding.


Anyone feel me?

Anyway, recently I've just been feeling so blah. Not "blah" as in like uninspired or I hate my life or anything, but "blah" like UGH WHERE ARE ALL THE NUTRIENTS I WAS GETTING WHEN I WAS LIVING AT HOME AND NOT WORRYING ABOUT HOW MUCH HEALTHY FOOD COST BECAUSE MY MOM BOUGHT IT? New goal for this year: learn to cook without burning myself because I'm seriously starting to hate pasta (the only thing I can cook). But in the meantime, I'll be turning to an easy, healthy alternative that for the most part does not require an oven. Salad. Yay! While salad doesn't always require cooking, it does require preparation. And I find preparation annoying. But I suppose it's time I get over it. So...

I give you, dear friends, delicious salad recipes that I might will actually eat



1. International Quinoa Salad via Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
3. Apple, Pecan, and Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad via greens & chocolate
4. Healthy Kale & Pomegranate Salad via Best Recipe Box
5. Healthy Chicken Chickpea Chopped Salad via Ambitious Kitchen

So here's my game plan:

It's the start of August. My funds are slowly starting to get back in order after an extremely expensive June (remember how I went to Mexico?). Time to start living like a real life grown up and prepping food for the week. Time to start figuring out how to properly use an oven in a manner that does not result in me burning myself. 

Final goal: Prep lunch salads for the week (Mon.-Fri.) each Sunday. #imhealthyduh


What's your fave go-to salad? Let me know in the comments below, as of today I'm on the hunt for new recipes :)

Side note: How come no one tells us how adulthood is simultaneously awesome and absolutely horrible??

xoxo

No comments: